This Unit is under the Office of the Rector, designated for internal maintenace Works and Planning the facilities in use to sustain the Institute. The Unit is majorly charged with the responsibilities of continuous planning, monitoring, evaluating and physical implementation of the master plan among others.
SCHEDULES AND RESPONSIBILITIEST
The following are some of the duties of the Unit among others;
1. Preparation and continuous updating of the Institute's master plan.
2. Initiates new projects from time to time and possibly through the conceptualization of eg accommodation briefs of the users' unit s in the Institute into physical architectural designs, where same can be processed through the appropriate committees within and up to the Governing Council as the case may be.
3. Providing advice to the Rector, Council's committee on matters relating to the Institute's physical and infrastructural development.
4. Makes recommendations on appointments of Consultants and Contractors for the Institute's projects and as well monitors their activities after the Institute engagements.
5. Preparation of necessary contract documents for Tenders Board of the Institutes for Funded Projects
6. Tender evaluation, analysis and reporting of cost implications on contractual issues.
7. Monitoring and supervising of all projects/maintenances embarked upon by the Institute's right - from the planning stage to the completion stage.