St Albert institute has two Offices of the Rector, where one is for the Institute and the other is for the Seminary Hostel. Occupying the both Offices shall be Clerics of good standing and normally holders of an STD/P.hd
These two (2) Rectors are appointed by the Governing Council after due consultation with the Local Ordinary and confirmed by the Congregation for Catholic Education (cf. Sapientia Christiana, n. 18). The Senate shall also be consulted in matters of such..
The Institute and Seminary, being an experience of the Church’s life, the Bishop is present in them through the ministry of the Rectors and the service of co-responsibility and communion fostered by them with the other teachers for the sake of the pastoral and apostolic growth of the students (PDV 62).
- The Rector (in each of the cases) shall in his person symbolize the “unity of leadership” that should exist in the Institute among the Staff/Formators.
- They are to ensure that the Students faithfully observe the norms of the Programme of formation and especially the rules of the Seminary, under their authority, and according to their different positions, the moderators and professors have the same responsibility. The Rectors and the Deans of schools are to see that the professors discharge their duties properly, in accordance with the provisions of the Programmes of both both the academic and priestly formation and the rule of the Seminary (Can. 261)
- The Rectors shall hold office for four years and may be re-appointed, on favourable recommendation, for only one further term.
- The Rectors shall, in addition to any other functions conferred on them by these Statutes or otherwise, have the general function of directing the activities of the Institute/Seminary. They shall (in their respective domains) preside over the Senate/Formation-team meetings, respectively. They shall represent the Institute/Seminary before all external bodies. They shall be ex-officio member of the Governing Council and of its Statutory Committees.
- The Rectors shall, in consultation with the Senate, submit annually to the Governing Council a comprehensive report on the activities and life in their various dormains.
- The Rectors shall through the Chancellor send an annual statistical report on the Institute to the Congregation for Catholic Education. (Sap. Chris. Ord., Art. 14, par. 6).
THE DEPUTY RECTOR
- There shall be a Deputy Rector for both the Institute and the Seminary, who shall be clerics and holders of canonical degree such as an STD or its equivalent
- They shall be appointed by the Governing Council on the recommendation of the Senate.
- They shall carry out such functions as shall be assigned to them by the Rectors and shall act for their respective Rectors in their absence or temporary incapacitation.
- They shall hold office for a period of three years and may be re-appointed, on favourable recommendation, for only one further term.
- The Deputy Rector may resign his appointment by letter addressed to the Governing Council.